-->

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Exploring Alternative Mediums of Expression

         I was never a fan of rap or hip hop music. From a young age, I had a passion for heavy music.
It wasn't until late 2008, that I reconnected with my inner poet. Ive always been a jack of all trades. However music was always something I didn't really play with. So it wasn't Until late 09 I even started to dabble. Progressively, I began to love it more and more. I still have so much room to grow, I try to teach myself something new everyday. I very much enjoy freestyling, and writing rhymes. :) But then again in general I just love to love life, and enjoy exploring all the simple things I can do with it. 
        Although I'm very UPSET, I'm UPSET with A LOT of SHIT! A lot of the time. So I used this song to convey how pissed off I am, in a productive way. :) BASICALLY I'm saying were crippled by what we have been taught is progressive, or eco-friendly. We continue to accept anything the wealthy are willing to offer. Like beggars and slaves. LIKE why are we using gas powered cars if were so intelligent? Why not mass produce electric cars like in 96? Why not utilize Mary Jane for its amazing benefits?(I don't even mean on the smoking end. ex: Clothing,Biodegradable Plastics, etc.) We must ask ourselves why it cost more for less chemicals in anything? Why do we market to kill "weeds" that are rich in vitamins such as b,c, potassium, iron? Do these businesses and corporation have any sense of moral responsibility to human beings? What the fuck is up with the FDA, approving bullshit?
          YEA so it troubles me, why haven't we integrated this stuff from the beginning. Which makes me think we may never, unless its absolutely necessary to invest in. I don't mean for us to invest in either! To me that's like a defining point making this clearly not only a "throw away society", but a "toxic culture" one as a whole...
        
       This is my second song, on my first album "Shit to Know". The song is called progress, I'm thinking about rerecording this version, I haven't mastered it yet. I still need to master my first song: "Climatic Change"

       

Progress - SeeApollo(Nate Dogg - Get Up Instrumental)
Lyrics:so
our concept of progress is the problem
doesn't matter who dominates!

man made conflicts
we keep stacking bricks
but we lacking wits
makes us look like pricks

but most are harmless twits
who hardly had it
to even plant it
let alone dismantle it
ignorance probably
deserves every bit

but you may ask
where I'm going with this?

land of deafmuteblind
surrounding me tight
so I vent it

puttin it out
making food for thought
listen up like you ought!

so much has been forgot
like what to eat
and how the ground feels beneath our feet

covered up all the green
to then sell like it's not free.
we laugh at this
knowing we're ignorant


then to flip it,
to Accept
these soultions that manifest less and
then downplay the dream like other dreams that will never be
must accept this mold
atleast ive been told
but its cold

it doesnt leave much room to grow and develop
yea
even floyd said it
were just a brick in the wall
so
when the wall falls we too all fall
Sick culture so flawed

what we living for
slaving heavy without remedy
some say peace in mind is all you need to survive
forgeting we too need earth to
get by
instead all we do is Buy buy buy
we must rewild or die
write our own family guides
keep them close and tight
preserve your bloodline

cause clocks ticking times running out
one life, through my eyes
is all I get
you too unless you believe other shit
One life, one chance to see
what being alive means
wont time being asleep
waking life set us free

lets all hop on the same frequency 
to broadcast something of meaning
lets all hop on the same frequency
                                                        to broadcast something of meaning

No comments:

Post a Comment